Tomatoes didn’t originate in Israel, but our agricultural wizards transformed this wild fruit into a flavorful, long-lasting, nutritious, disease-resistant commercial crop enjoyed everywhere as a fresh ingredient and as a source of healthful extracts.
“Regarding tomatoes, Israel is a powerhouse in breeding and development of knowledge,” says noted researcher Ilan Levin, head of the Plant Sciences Institute at the Volcani Center-Agricultural Research Organization.
“Based on the interest of multinational companies in our work, I assume we are among the leading sources ...
- 4,000-Year-Old Jar of Headless Toads Discovered in Jerusalem Burial also categorized in News
- Rosetrees Trust Interdisciplinary Prize Awarded to Hebrew University Scientists also categorized in News
- Plunging sperm counts provoke alarm also categorized in News
- Sweeping study shows sharply declining male fertility also published in ISRAEL21c
- Hadassah Doctor Brings New Hope to Cystic Fibrosis Patients also categorized in News
- Chinese millionaire to set up artificial intelligence lab in Haifa also categorized in News
- Over the rainbow » J-Wire also categorized in News
- Int’l team including Hebrew U scientists restore flavor to tomatoes also mentions genetics
- Hebrew U tech chief seeks balance between academia and industry also categorized in News
- Energy demands in developing nations fuels storage technology also categorized in News