Tomatoes didn’t originate in Israel, but our agricultural wizards transformed this wild fruit into a flavorful, long-lasting, nutritious, disease-resistant commercial crop enjoyed everywhere as a fresh ingredient and as a source of healthful extracts.
“Regarding tomatoes, Israel is a powerhouse in breeding and development of knowledge,” says noted researcher Ilan Levin, head of the Plant Sciences Institute at the Volcani Center-Agricultural Research Organization.
“Based on the interest of multinational companies in our work, I assume we are among the leading sources ...
- Astounding drug-testing tech simulates liver, heart, brain also published in ISRAEL21c
- Rosetrees Trust Interdisciplinary Prize Awarded to Hebrew University Scientists also categorized in News
- Over the rainbow » J-Wire also categorized in News
- Atox Bio Awarded Next Milestone-based Option by BARDA to Support Continued Development of also categorized in News
- Energy demands in developing nations fuels storage technology also categorized in News
- Sweeping study shows sharply declining male fertility also published in ISRAEL21c
- Plunging sperm counts provoke alarm also categorized in News
- Israel’s vital contributions to nanotechnology also published in ISRAEL21c
- No woman had been named dean of the medical faculty since it was opened also categorized in News
- Int’l team including Hebrew U scientists restore flavor to tomatoes also mentions genetics